"it’s a holiday on this part of the planet, komand’r, is it not supposed to smell like food?"
"Another Earth celebration? These humans really know how to party; so what, they worship food now or something?"
"The city of Jump is riddled with small resturants."
"That’s not what I meant. Don’t you smell that? It’s like a LOT of food. Don’t tell me this is the result of another ridiculous Earth holiday…?"
If you post something to me, or reply to me, and I don’t answer — I assure you, I’ve not decided that you’re a horrible roleplayer and I’m avoiding you. I don’t want to drop our interaction — I like to think I have more tact than this, I’ll tell you if I’m not feeling it. I haven’t been eaten by sharks (well maybe), and it’s not my casual way of telling you off.
If I don’t reply for a while, one of the follow things has occurred.
- I’ve completely lost track of time, and I still think it’s Friday, when it’s Tuesday.
- I’ve written the reply and it’s in my drafts. I could have sworn I pressed publish, but apparently I have not.
- I’ve yet to write the reply, for any number of reasons:
I find myself being completely illiterate today, and the English language is just hard.
I can’t manage to figure out an order to the madness that is my life.
I really just don’t feel like words today.
I’m not at the computer.
I don’t feel like doing much of anything.
I’ve completely forgotten that I actually owe you, because I’m a scatterbrained twit more often than not.
- I’m currently, and have been for many moons, staring blankly at your reply, basking in it’s glorious glory — and I feel completely inadequate; thus, I have no god damn idea what to reply with.
- Maybe it’s just one of those days.
- I’ve been eaten by sharks (note: “one of those days”)
In short, my lack of an attention span, and/or any variety of the previous reasons is not your fault. Which means please, if I haven’t replied for a few days, and you are for any reason feeling insecure or worried that I’m going to drop the interaction — send me a gentle message, just asking me what’s going on.
Gentle message being "Hey it’s been a few days, I just wanna make sure we’re still doing _____" or “Hey I haven’t seen you around, how are things? Take your time with our para if you need it just lemme know whats up.”
is not to be confused with
"Why the heck haven’t you replied yet? You’re really slow."
your absent-minded partner